Blieskastel Monastery

pictures

description

brief description: 

the monastery was built in 1682/1683 by master Thomas Gampfer on a small hill in the Bliestal valley called the Han. The barons Carl Caspar and Damian Wolf von der Leyen, who governed in the city of Koblenz, were the monastery´s general contractors. Their coat of arms still adorns the building´s portal. A large landscaped garden with numerous ancient statues is part of the monastery site.

relevant filming facts

opening times: 
Tuesdays-Saturdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon, from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm, and on enquiry
usage: 
Capuchin monastery
condition: 
restored
Background noise: 
very quiet inside the monastery, quiet also on the outside, minor background noise coming from car traffic
surroundings: 
though situated in a residential area, the monastery is surrounded by smaller forest areas and grasslands
Lift/elevator: 
none
Space restrictions: 
to be discussed
Time restrictions : 
to be discussed
Catering: 
bistro Zur Pilgerrast on site
premises: 
can be made available upon prior agreement

accessibility

car: 
coming from Saarbrücken on the A6 motorway going in the direction of Mannheim, take the Fechingen exit and continue in the direction of Blieskastel. After you have entered the town of Blieskastel, turn left and follow the signposts indicating the monastery (Kloster)

supply

sanitary facilities: 
available
parking lot: 
available directly in front of the monastery
electricity supply: 
available
water supply: 
available

contact

Steffen Conrad
Map: