Estate with Pond in Furpach
The historic estate Furpach and the adjoining pond are a popular destination for a weekend getaway. The pond was created as a fish pond in 1564 by filling up a dam. From 1806, the Karcher manufacturing family attended to the estate, which was taken over by the industrial community of Neunkirchen in 1904. In 1960, the entire terrain was placed at the disposal of the public as a recreational area, and since 1970, it is a nature preserve.