Old Cemetery in Saarlouis
Built in 1773 on the outskirts of Saarlouis, the old cemetery is listed as a historical site. Its 617 graves, some of which are artistically notable funerary memorials, are being successively restored by the city of Saarlouis and the Society of Friends of the Old Cemetery. Among the monuments which have already been painstakingly restored is the exceptional crypt chapel. The graves are picturesquely framed by trees, giving the cemetery a park-like atmosphere. There is also a Jewish section and a section with soldier's graves from the two World Wars.