Collegiate Church of St. Arnual

pictures

description

brief description: 

built of red sandstone, St. Arnual collegiate church is one of the few buildings in the Saar region which date back to the High Gothic era. Its construction lasted from 1315 to 1390. A particular characteristic of the three-naved basilica is its tower cupola, which was subsequently added by master builder Friedrich Joachim Stengel in 1746. Following its destruction in World War II, St. Arnual collegiate church was rebuilt. Its last restoration took place between 1984 and 1994

relevant filming facts

opening times: 
from 08:00 am to 06:00 pm daily
usage: 
Protestant parish, exhibitions, concerts, exercise venue for students of the Saarbrücken College of Music
condition: 
very good
interior architecture: 
scores of ornately carved tombs with elaborate life-size figures make the basilica%uFFFDs interior especially impressive. From the mid 15th to the 18th century, St. Arnual collegiate church was the official burial site of the counts of Nassau-Saarbrücken
Background noise: 
Die Kirche grenzt unmittelbar an die A620. Der vom Autoverkehr verursachte Lärm ist daher im Hintergrund stets leise hörbar
ceiling height: 
Ca. 16m; Länge der Kirche ca. 60m.
Lift/elevator: 
none
possible disturbing factors: 
road traffic noise coming from the adjacent motorway
Space restrictions: 
to be discussed
Time restrictions : 
during the semester, the church is being used by music students for their organ training on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Other times to be discussed
Catering: 
the church is situated on a little market square with a bakery, a bistro (Canap%uFFFD), and a pizza parlour
premises: 
the adjoining parish hall may be used for make-up, wardrobe, technical equipment, etc. (see photos)

accessibility

car: 
coming from downtown Saarbrücken (Saarbrücken-City), get on the A620 motorway in the direction of Mannheim, and take the St. Arnual/Ostspange exit. In the roundabout, take an immediate right in the direction of St. Arnual. At the first traffic light, turn left and, after a few hundred metres, turn left again, following the signpost for Markt St. Arnual/Stiftskirche

supply

sanitary facilities: 
toilets are available inside the church as well as in the adjoining parish hall
parking lot: 
sufficient spaces available behind the church; production vehicles may drive up to the side entrances which are barrier-free
electricity supply: 
sufficient regular voltage and high voltage outlets are available in the tower staircase and nearby the altar
water supply: 
available

contact

Steffen Conrad
Karte: