Ensdorf Town Hall

pictures

description

brief description: 

when Ensdorf became an independent municipality in 1936, a town hall needed to be established. The architectural style of the new building (massive yet simple, ideal maximum use of office space) was modelled after the local mine workers` houses and the inspection building of the Ensdorf Coal Mine. In 1966, an extra floor was added to the building in order to meet new administrative requirements. During redevelopment works in 1992/1993, the town hall received a new glass elevator.

relevant filming facts

usage: 
town hall
condition: 
1936 sandstone facade in good original condition. The interior was gutted and renewed in 1993. A glass elevator was also added.
interior architecture: 
administrative offices
Background noise: 
situated in the heart of town on a main thoroughfare (which is not too heavily frequented due to a bypass)
surroundings: 
situated in the heart of town on a main thoroughfare (which is not too heavily frequented due to a bypass)
Lift/elevator: 
available
Space restrictions: 
to be discussed with the administration
Catering: 
restaurants in immediate proximity
premises: 
possibly available

accessibility

car: 
arriving on the A620 motorway Saarbrücken-Merzig, take the Saarlouis Lisdorf exit and pass through Lisdorf, direction Saarlouis. In Lisdorf, turn right from Provinzialstraße onto Ensdorfer Straße, direction Ensdorf. In Ensdorf, at the roundabout, keep left (this street is also called Provinzialstraße). You will find the town hall to the left of the roundabout.
train: 
Ensdorf train station

supply

sanitary facilities: 
available
parking lot: 
available behind the town hall
electricity supply: 
available
water supply: 
available

contact

Steffen Conrad
Map: